Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Poem (for Dray)

My friend Dezeree wanted me to update the blog with something about my daily life. Since my camera is in Riga and therefore unable to capture the fact that my little apartment is clean for the first time in weeks,  I thought I would write a poem. (In my head, this transition makes perfect sense.)

Poem about Grocery Stores

There is a small grocery store in the building next door and a bigger one across the street. 
Across the street and a block down is another grocery store. 
It's closest neighbor is a grocery store.
The big grocery store is right across the bridge. 

I don't know how all of these grocery stores survive. 
One day I think I'm going to find a grocery store within a grocery store.
There is a convenience store inside the big grocery store, which is close enough. 

All of the groceries have mostly the same things: 
frozen pelmeni, mysteriously preserved fish, Balsams, kvass, good bread.

I have never in my life seen so many different brands of frozen pelmeni.




This post is brought to you by Ellie Goulding's Hanging On and Maxima.









No comments:

Post a Comment